SwanCare’s major development project is progressing nicely with the Leisure Precinct, SwanCare Ningana, & SwanCare Main Production Kitchen, taking shape.
NOW OPEN! Group activities to move over to this venue by February 2020.
- Construction behind schedule – expected opening second quarter 2020.
- Joinery fitout to most rooms on the top level is underway – this will be the one of the biggest milestones once completed as this has contributed to majority of delays.
- Common area fitout is substantially complete, carpeting underway in resident corridors.
- Allen Court landscape site works will commence Monday 13th January. The footpath on Adie Court will be closed and the road reduced to one lane during the day. Traffic management will be in place. Alternate pedestrian access will be across the road. Traffic Management Plan attached. Please communicate this change with resident/staff/families.
- Upon completion, Swancare Ningana will adjoin with SwanCare Kingia and the connection point will be a new Spritz Cafe. To make way for the development, Spritz Cafe is closed and a small pop-up cafe within the children's play room at SwanCare Kingia has been opened. The space will be trading as Spritz Express and will be serving tea, coffee and snacks.
- The new Spritz Cafe is due to be opened upon completion of SwanCare Ningana.
SwanCare Main Production Kitchen
- Commencing construction between Kingia and Tandara from 19/8/19 - Project progressing well - March 2020 PC likely.
- Stage 2 – Offices in Tandara etc will commence after PC of kitchen. Alternate access etc is being worked on and will be communicated in due course.
- Glass canopy connecting Kingia to Tandara to be completed.
SwanCare Waminda Kitchen
- Close out of final builder works internally expected in coming fortnight commencing 13/01. This includes, removal of old tiles, skirting, patching and painting to dining room. Other works will include, paint to ceiling in dishwash area and step rectification to cool room.
- Rear screen door to be ordered and installed.
For more information on developments, SwanCare residents can tune into SwanCare TV on channel 101. Live construction works can also be viewed on Construction TV – see channel 102.